Wow. What a great day!
Today, I had two excellent things happen:
1. This morning I passed the first part of a three-part exam I must complete before I can call myself a Wellcoaches Certified Wellness Coach. Not only did I pass, I scored a 91. Yeah me! That must mean I know the secrets to making everyone well. Or maybe, so far, just 1/3 well. It’s a start. When I’ve passed the other two parts, I’ll write a full post with more details.
2. In celebration of passing my written exam, and because Thursday is my birthday, I went out and got myself a little somethin’ somethin’.
Technically, Mike got it for me, as my birthday gift. Details.
You might remember that in this post, I talked about some of my goals for the new year. Buying this camera helps fulfill a couple of those goals–both personal and professional–specifically:
- grow wishfit to include more (and more professional) photos, more step-by-step exercise tutorials, how-to information and inspirational stories, just to name a few ideas.
- take at least one professional development class.
- take at least two classes just for fun, such as a yoga workshop, cooking class or outdoor survival skills.
Prior to buying the camera, I took a three-hour beginner DSLR photography class. I hoped to get an idea of what camera I wanted, as well as some basics to get me started shooting. It was an awesome class, and gave me lots to get excited about. I’ve been researching cameras ever since, and when I saw an awesome deal at Costco, I went for it. Happy Birthday to me!
So not only have I purchased a great camera to help me improve photo content here, I also took a class that was both fun, and professional development. Two birds with one stone (and there are a LOT of birds on my shirt, ha ha).
Oh yeah, and another one of those professional goals was to:
- finalize my Wellcoaches certification and begin working with clients by March 2012
I didn’t quite meet the timeline on that, but I did get all of my exams scheduled by the March deadline, and if all goes well, should be ready to go in the next few weeks. So even though I’m a little behind schedule, I still feel really good about it.
How about you guys? Have you accomplished any goals lately? Do you have a March 29th birthday? I have two friends who share the day with me, and I totally love it.